One of the things I love during football season is having friends and family over for game day. Today I decided to try a new recipe for the Chargers game – Chicken Enchilada Soup and it was a big hit!
Making a big pot of soup is not only cost effective for serving a large crowd, but it is relatively inexpensive and easy to serve. This delicious soup took less than 10 minutes to prep and 30 minutes to cook.
- Shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken from Costco)
- 3 cups red enchilada sauce (My favorite brand is Las Palmas)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cans of Ro-Tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cans black beans, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Sour cream, cheese, avocado, tortilla chips, and green onions for garnish
- Shred chicken.
- Combine chicken, enchilada sauce, chicken broth, Ro-Tel tomatoes, black beans, garlic, and spices in large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let soup simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm and garnish with sour cream, cheese, avocado, tortilla chips, and green onions.